You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 20th, 2018, 03:39 PM   #46
Rson
United States

Personally, I'll take RSLogix 500 any day of the week over the 800 series.

I've had good applications for the micro800 line, and the CCW software has come a LONG way from the early days. (I started with version 1 ). I'm excited to see what V11 offers.

There are some really annoying things - like how the timers work, lack of bit access in a DINT, INT, etc. I end up writing some function blocks to make it work more like RSLogix, but it is still a chore.

That all being said - my Rockwell rep did the *wink wink* and implied they will be phasing out the 500 line. It costs way more hardware-wise, and they have full *convert from 500 to 800* catalogs and software.
Old February 20th, 2018, 04:46 PM   #47
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I never heard the 800 is replacing the SLCs and don't think they will or are.... the 800's are replacing the MicroLogix 1000-1500

The SLC is being phased out but is being replaced by the Compactlogix, next time your rep winks at you... ask them if they have something in there eye
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old February 21st, 2018, 04:56 AM   #48
*bj
Croatia

We got an official notice, that Micrologix 1100 and 1400 would be available for at least next 7 years. That was roughly 6 months ago.
Old February 21st, 2018, 08:06 AM   #49
geniusintraining
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bj View Post
We got an official notice, that Micrologix 1100 and 1400 would be available for at least next 7 years. That was roughly 6 months ago.
Perfect, I hope to be retired by then
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old February 21st, 2018, 08:19 AM   #50
Rson
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusintraining View Post
I never heard the 800 is replacing the SLCs and don't think they will or are.... the 800's are replacing the MicroLogix 1000-1500

The SLC is being phased out but is being replaced by the Compactlogix, next time your rep winks at you... ask them if they have something in there eye
Yes, I guess I 'misspoke' by saying '500' series - I meant devices using RSLogix 500 like Micro 1000 series.
Old February 21st, 2018, 08:55 AM   #51
geniusintraining
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rson View Post
Yes, I guess I 'misspoke' by saying '500' series - I meant devices using RSLogix 500 like Micro 1000 series.
No worries... and welcome to the forum

One thing around here forsure, if you 'misspeak' you will be challenged or corrected
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum