SoMachineNetwork connection problem

jboti

Hi all,

I have Modicon M241 PLC connected on Ethernet to a Magelis HMIS5T. Programming environment is SoMachine v4.1
I have managed to program the PLC, also prepared the HMI configuration, downloaded it, but the HMI doesn't communicate with the PLC. I get a "Failed to open connection to PLC. (PLC_SzennyKecsed). PLC_SzennyKecsed is the set nodename of the PLC. Interesting thing tough is that while simulating the HMI on the PC, communication is OK. The simulation can read/write the tags from the PLC. Programming PC runs Windows7 Ultimate 64bit.
Some things I should double check? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Boti

You should leave the gateway as 0.0.0.0 unless your PLC is on a different subnet. By putting a gateway in place, you are telling the HMI to try to reach the PLC by routing through the gateway IP address (which is why it only works when PLC = gateway).

Hello.
Old post, but I have exactly the same problem. I Download the program via ethernet and the program uploads. But I get the same connection error.

If I try to "download all" in SoMachine I can't get the HMI to download. Is it a problem with the device address of the PLC? I have tried to use gateway 0.0.0.0, PLC ip, routher ip.

Does anyone have a tip?

Hi,

1. Make sure that the Nodename of the PLC is the same on the HMI side under IO Manager ( Looks like you have)

2. Detach all the programming cables from the PLC/HMI as sometimes the active path maybe linking via the PC instead of the PLC ethernet/serial.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip :)

I have a question. In vijeo designer under IO Manager/SoMachineNetwork there are two devices added: MyController and MyHMI. Does the nodename need to be the controller name in both?

I will try to detach the programming cables.

The SOM_HMI part in Vijeo can have a generic name or it could take the active path name if you built the target in Vijeo Designer. It's there for activating a block driver that manages communication ( I don't know the in-depth reason - it's a secret in our RND dept. :-D )and doesn't need to have the exact PLC nodename.

The SOM_PLC part in Vijeo must have the exact nodename of the PLC. Make sure that the PLC has the active path set in the SoMachine side.

Hope this helps.

This is related to this post. I was trying to connect a physical HMI (Magelis) to a SoMachine simulator running on a PC. In addition to making sure that the correct nodename for the SoMachine simulator is referenced in the Vijeo Designer, you also have to configure make configuration addition/changes to the Gateway Management Console located in the system tray in your Windows OS (Windows 7).

Below are the instruction for the configuration change in Gateway Management Console (GMC):
1. Open GMC by right-clicking on the Gateway-Tray-Applicaiton located in the System Tray, then selecting GMC
2.Once GMC window is open, select the Static Remote Connections tab
3.Type in the HMI address in "Remote IP address" field, then click on the button "Add connection"
4.Click OK to save the changes. This may have to be done each time you restart Windows, or SoMachine v4.1/4.2.

Hope this is useful to current, and/or future questions on this matter.

Regards,
Moukhtar Zein, CET
Automation Technologist

Problem solved. The PLC's IP address must be the same as the HMI's gateway.
Thought it might help someone.

Boti
I have the same problem now, and HMI's gateway resets to 127.0.0.1 whenever i validate the hmi project. How do i change the gateway?

I have the same problem now, and HMI's gateway resets to 127.0.0.1 whenever i validate the hmi project. How do i change the gateway?

artyzver,

I am having this same issue. Have you found a way to fix it?

I am using a HMIGTO5310 and a M241. This is my first time using a HMIGTO although I have used SCUs and STUs, so maybe something is different with these?

I had to work awhile to get it to where I could do a multiple download and download to both devices at once. It would always fail connection to either one or the other. Now it can download to both, but I am getting this message, "Failed to open connection to PLC" and the variables are not communicating between the hmi and the plc. No matter what I do, the gateway IP address for both the HMI and the PLC under the SoMachine Network are forced to 127.0.0.1 every time I validate the target.

Any advice would be much appreciated! thanks.

Does any one have advice on this issue? Apparently it doesn't happen to many other people on here?

Does any one have advice on this issue? Apparently it doesn't happen to many other people on here?

Sorry for old revival. I was having the same issue and found a workaround (at least it helped in my case).
I just renamed the connection before rebuilding Vijeo and it didn't change my name back..
Probably you solved it but maybe it helps someone looking the solution like me today and not finding it..

2021-04-29 11_11_48-Windows 10 Schneider Electric - VMware Workstation.png

Thanks. I don't remember all the details of that job any more. The last time I was logged in (at least a year ago) I remember I had still had trouble with this. I will remember your method for the next time I run into this issue.

I am trying to connect plc m340 with magelis gto hmithrough ethernet but hmi starts program runs but then display message " fail to open connection with plc then i open this messag it shows two errors "fail to open connection with plc" and second one " configure default setting' what i do now any one explain