You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 3rd, 2018, 03:15 PM   #1
Scotty13
United States

Studio 5000 revision issue

Hello!
I have an issue with my Studio 5000. I have installed Studio 5000 with rev 19. But my PLC has rev 21.**. How I can install prev revisions of PLC firmware into my studio 5000?
Old March 3rd, 2018, 03:34 PM   #2
AJZ
Canada

You need to install Studio 5000 V21.xx on your computer as well. Major revision in the PLC and computer has to match. Furthermore, there are some issues with V21 to watch out for
Old March 3rd, 2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Scotty13
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJZ View Post
You need to install Studio 5000 V21.xx on your computer as well. Major revision in the PLC and computer has to match. Furthermore, there are some issues with V21 to watch out for
Where I can get the minor rev of the Studio 5000?
Old March 3rd, 2018, 03:58 PM   #4
the_msp
Lifetime Supporting Member
United Kingdom

You need Rev 21 to upload the program, or open a copy you have as 21, to downgrade to 19. You can get 21 from the RA website for free if you have TechConnect. You can get prior versions (e.g. 18) from the same site without TechConnect.

Of course, if the PLC has no program but flashed to 21, you can just wipe it and flash it as 19 so your laptop will work. Flashing erases the program. Firmware files are on the RA site and search the forum for instructions on how to do it.

Patrick

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMatrixEngineering
Old March 4th, 2018, 01:13 AM   #5
Scotty13
United States

Sorry I missed. I have installed S5k with R21 and PLC with R19. I everything will be ok if I'll install oldest rev S5k over my R21?
Old March 4th, 2018, 03:51 PM   #6
benaiahhenry
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty13 View Post
Sorry I missed. I have installed S5k with R21 and PLC with R19. I everything will be ok if I'll install oldest rev S5k over my R21?
Yes, it will be okay. You can have multiple major revisions installed at the same time. So when you install 19 it will still have 21 on it as well and you'll be able to open projects that are in either version.
Old March 5th, 2018, 04:05 AM   #7
the_msp
United Kingdom

You need to install them in order. So uninstall 21, install 19, then reinstall 21.

Patrick

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMatrixEngineering
Old March 5th, 2018, 09:59 AM   #8
Ih8Siemens
United States

What version exactly do you have of 21.xx?
Old March 7th, 2018, 07:15 PM   #9
Scotty13
United States

I have 21.03. The problem that I cant find out Logic Designer on AB website. I gave a call to tech support but they offer my to download Logic Architect .I can't understand what the reason from Architect when I do not have right version in Designer.
Old March 7th, 2018, 07:32 PM   #10
Ih8Siemens
United States

Scotty13, Someone else correct me if I am wrong but I believe I ran into a devastating issue with that exact rev.

21.03 is a security resilient version which what that means to you is that you need the original copy of the program on that controller for you to be able to connect to the controller and make changes. There is a SUPER painful way to get that program off of the controller that I have found but I could not walk you through that disaster.

also, I deal with various versions of programs in the oil field, V21.03 messes with alot of my other versions and our company has removed 21 from anything we deal with because of such. I dont remember all of the technical stuff behind it all but I would recommend removing 21.03 entirely from you computer then reinstalling 19.

someone here I am sure has better knowledge of the dreaded v21.03 but I do know that it has caused our company and others a world of hurt. And I know rockwell removed it and had some sort of falling out with that rev. If you need 21.03 and have a licences for it I think I have the program files for it here somewhere, just let me know.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum