You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.
Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back - Interactive Q & A > - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 7th, 2018, 06:25 PM   #1
United States

Ultra3000 Drive not Enabling.

Greetings All!

Preface: I am a complete "fresh out of the womb"-type novice when it comes to PLC programming. I helped get a Logix 500 PLC up and running with a few notes of documentation and a whoooole lot of Google-ing. After that, I was thrown into running and maintaining a retro-fitted machine backed by a Logix5555 PLC. It was running smoothly with a few missteps here and there but now I'm about at wit's end with my current problem.

Our machine has 3 Ultra3000 servo drives and they are for the x, y, and z axes. We had a fault in our x-axis drive saying that there was an overtemp/commutation error in the motor. We got an AB technician out here and they traced it back to the drive and cable being bad so we had them both replaced. Upon installing the new parts, I am now running into a problem where I cannot enable the X-axis servo drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Alex

Additional details:
- The drive status is "4", the Network Status light is solid green, and the module status light is flashing green.
- In the RSLogix file, the MSO motion instruction is at "ER" but I'm not sure how to figure out why it says that.
- I have tried switching the encoder cable to the other two motors and it still comes up with the same thing, so I don't think it's a motor issue.
Old March 7th, 2018, 11:46 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I would first check that you actually cleared the fault. my next step, and I am not too familiar with those drives, but when you refer to "drive not enabling" are you saying that meaning it wont work, or are you saying that there is a parameter that enables the drive and your drive isn't receiving an enable signal?
If you feel comfortable I can give you my email and give the program a once over, shoot me a PM if you are comfortable with that. (or teamview)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum