PT100 problem in TIA PORTAL

chandrapaul

Hi,
i connected a pt100 with my analog input module. i am using s7 1500 cpu. my pt100 has 3 wires. i connected it between channel-0 & channel-1. wiring procedure showed in the attached picture in red marked. in the TIA portal i configured the input module channel-0 measurement type as pt100 like the attached picture. now for the channel-1 what should i select from the list in the picture? i selected disabled. but in my program the pt100 not providing correct value in the channel-0 address. i attached all the pictures.

please help me. i am new in TIA. i need your valuable help.

Thanks

4.JPG 5.JPG 3.JPG 2.JPG

ok i will try that. do you think is there any other problem? should i select channel-1 as disabled? also i put the pt100 temp coefficient as random. as i dont know the exact value.

I'd guess disabled but I'm not good with Siemens, someone else might chime in on this.

Coefficient depends on what type of pt100 it is, how many ohms per degree Celsius it changes. The most common in Europe (or at least in Sweden) is the 3851 variant. Should be specified (in the data sheet) with the temperature sensor you've got. If it doesn't say anywhere what it is, most probably it's a 3851type sensor.

Last edited: