Allen Bradley PV+ CIP Sync

I have a ControlLogix system with a 1756HP-TIME module. I am able to setup 1588 PTP on the Logix end, but I am not able to automatically sync the PV+ over Ethernet.

I went through ab.com and can't find it any information regarding this.

I can always just write the PLC clock to the PV+, but of course we lose some accuracy from time to time. Is there a way to automatically sync the clock via 1588 PTP?

The PanelView Plus doesn't support NTP, SNTP, or IEEE 1588 PTP.

The only methods you have to set the Time in the PanelView Plus are the configuration screens and the Global Connections in FactoryTalk View ME.

Because you use the PLC to trigger the time update (the Remote Date And Time connection goes from zero to nonzero), the Update Rate of the Global Connections Tag, plus the small time necessary to perform the Tag Read and apply the values to the PV+ operating system, is the accuracy limit.

Let's be generous and say you're reading the ControlLogix clock into a set of tags every 100 ms, then allow 100 ms to read/set the Global Connections tags into the PV+ OS... I'd say the PV+ clock can follow the ControlLogix clock to within about 1.2 seconds.