Eaton Panel Mate 1000

fishenguy

Hello everyone, I have an Eaton IDT Panel Mate 1000 (P/N 92-00898-00) that I need to upload the program to my laptop so I can install it on a spare Panel Mate 1000 that we have in stock.
I think I have the software on our shop laptop but I don't really know what comm cable to use to connect to it. Would it be just a USB to Serial adapter cable or would I need something special?
Any kind of guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

You may get lucky, but I think your best bet would be to run the PanelMate 1000 software on a computer with a real serial port. The software for the PM1000 was originally a DOS application and I personally have not had much success getting DOS applications to communicate through USB/serial adapters. I don't think I ever ran it under any OS newer than Windows NT. The PM1000 and its software was an orphan product. It was not integrated into the PM1500, PM1700, PM3000, PM5000 family and is not programmed with the PanelMate configuration software mentioned in most of the other PanelMate posts on this forum.

Thanks for the response Steve, that jogged my memory. We do have an old IBM Think Pad with a serial port on in. I forgot about it. I'll give that a try when I get a chance.