Tell us how your software was used

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'll go first. This is not all incumbent.

If you ever drove a good year or firestone tire, ate anything from Nestle, Frito Lay or Unilever, Heinze, or Stouffers, gotten a car wash from AVW, Tommy Car Wash Systems, American Pride, Egenuity, Quality Scrub, et al, you used my software.

Oh, and gotten petrol from Texaco, Chevron, or Aera Engergy.

When you fly in a plane with a GE engine.
There is about a 50/50 chance my software controlled the furnaces used to do the heat treating on the Engine components.

If it is a Boeing plane.
My software controlled the furnace used to do the heat treating on the Titanium tubes used to carry air to the passenger compartment and other parts of the plane.

When SpaceX sends a rocket to outer space.
My software controlled the furnaces used to do the heat treating on the rocket engines.

Last edited:
If your car has self a dimming rear view mirror there is a 60% chance that my software put the magic elixor in it and assisted with most of the assembly.

In recent years I have trained more programmers than written programs. So I have no idea what all those programs are doing today but I know they are widespread and diverse. The satisfaction quotient is similar.

Last edited:
If you own a newer vehicle with GDI and it is a Hyundai, or GM.

Also if your car has a BorgWarner transmission.

If you own a newer 8 speed ford transmission.

If your car uses traditional Bosch fuel injectors.

If you have a Lilly Insulin Pen with the anodized aluminum body and replaceable reservoirs. I believe these are only available in Europe.

All of these projects I have had a hand in.

If you every ate Chef Boyardee, Ritz Crackers, Hunts Ketchup, Luck's Beans, Roserita Re-fried beans, Sunchips, Frito-lay Corn chips, Naked Juice, Tropicana OJ, Instant Breakfast drink, Little Juan burritos, Rich bagels, Rich flat bread. Used any Condiment at Mac Donald's, Wendy's, What-A-Burger and many more. Feed your pet Friskies cat or dog food.

Flown on a Boeing C17, shot 30mm, 25mm or 50 cal ammunition, dropped a CEM (Combined Effects Munition) bomb, used heat treated prats from Moog, used mastic from Home Depot, have a laminated fire-door on you office, burned off VOC from an aluminum extruded window frame paint line, and many more.

If you ever ate fish fillet, fish sticks or artificial crab meat (surimi) there is a 2% chance I may have had something to do with it along the line. :oops:

Certainly not putting any rockets into space....but it's a living. 🍻

BCS

We all nerds in a way, so rockets wins obviously wins of course. Not a competition, just interested in what people here have programmed.

Sometimes, the most easy sounding projects (car washes) end up being the most complicated.

Not a competition. A lot of talented individuals here.

I'm only at least smart enough to know I am dumb.

If we could figure out a way to combine our knowledge and resources, we could all be a lot more richer.

Just saying.

Perhaps 10 years ago I said that the help that has been been given has probably helped increase productivity by a billion dollars at least and that was 10 years ago. That was everybody.:site:

Take a moment to think about this. Who writes the code that goes into the PLCs and motion controllers? Do you realize that when you buy a PLC or motion controller that 95% of the project is already done for you? That is why the PLCs and motion controllers cost so much.

A list of projects that our motion controllers have been used on is too long.

If we could figure out a way to combine our knowledge and resources, we could all be a lot more richer.
:p

If you enjoyed a Faygo pop, semi recently. 33% chance one of the machines I worked on filled and packaged it...

(Only bragging right so far, I'm only 4 years in!) :p