Consume 280 DINTs from a DINT_IN[279]

talhaghaffari

Hi,

I have been given a produce tag of 280 DINTs from 1769-L36ERM controller. Please help me understand that how am I going to consume whole 280 DINTs from DINT_OUT[279] Procude tag? Because when I try to create a consume tag in my 1756-L75 Controller, it restrict me by 500 bytes max limit.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Talha

You are going to have to make multiple Product/Consumed connections to transfer that much data.

The Producer is only responsible of allowing the number of connections that have been defined. The consumer is responsible for the connection parameters (RPI, tag and amount of data). The producer is unaware of how much of that 280 long array the consumer is going to need/want. It is possible that the consumer would want values [10] - [50] of that array.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

The only way to do this will be to insist that the other programmer create smaller DINT[x] arrays to hold this data.

I just checked to be sure (in Studio 5000 v31) and when you designate a tag as a Produced tag, Studio also warns you that they are limited to 500 bytes in size.

The largest DINT array you can Produce is [125] elements.

Last edited:
Thanks Ken,

That's exactly where i am stuck. Please find attached screenshots for sharing the same issue.

I was just wondering if there is any other way of consuming whole lot of [279] DINT.

Consume_1.JPG Consume_2.JPG

There is no workaround or exception; the limit is real.

I realize there are data consistency issues you might have to work around, and encourage you to examine the details of hope the CPS instruction differs from the COP instruction.

The system needs to use multiple DINT[x] array tags of 125 or fewer elements.