Mitsubishi programmable terminal and Shihlin PLC

rfid

Dear all PLC men,

We are using Shihlin PLC AXon-32MR-ES connectting to Mitsubishi Programmable Terminal F940G0T-E . At this time, my programmable terminal displays a message " No Data ", and my machine does not work. I don't get used with this kind of devices. Could you please help me figure out of the trouble as soon as possible.

Thank you.

rfid,

Did you check the plc program (ladder program)? The plc program might have been corrupted for some reasons like back up battery drained, etc.

James

By the sound of it you have no plc experience, never heard of that plc however it has almost the same part No. as FX2N 32 ES etc. & probably is.

Check the power & run leds to see if both on or if error led is flashing, if it is an FX you can use medoc or gx developer to interrogate the plc.
Check if the comms is plugged in correctly although if the machine does not work it sounds like the plc has gone belly up.

parky said:
By the sound of it you have no plc experience, never heard of that plc however it has almost the same part No. as FX2N 32 ES etc. & probably is.

Thanks parky for the correction, actually i am indeed a plc beginner and I thought plc is like a cnc that when battery is drained and main power is turned off, some parameter settings or values are lost or returned to default values.
Can you explain further to me how that particular problem occurs like the "no data" displayed on programmable terminal as experienced by rfid?

thanks

If the F940 screen says no data, the problem is not the PLC. The problem is the screen may have lost it's program.

I am not that familliar with the GOt, however it's probably very simular to the E series, so the chances are that it is the HMI that's at fault or lost it's program.

Most HMI's do not need any code or data settings in the plc of the FX type as they use the standard mitsi protocol