DL06 Modbus RTU slave

Tom Kazakoff

My DL06 application is to be a modbus rtu slave. I need to provide the modbus master folks with a list of Modbus addresses. The data that will be read by the modbus master are
koyo inputs x0,x1,x2,x3,x4,x100....The modbus master supports "Data Type and Address" vs "Address Only". I am not sure how to compute the modbus addresses that correspond to the plc memory locations. I have used the automationDirect modbus converter, but I am not sure if this address is correct. I think the address for x5 say, is either 2048(start range) + 5 = 2053 or what the modbus calculator says, which is 12054. Any information on how to determine the correct addresses would be appreciated. Reading all the modbus stuff on the internet has made my head spin, and I am not any closer to knowing the answer.

The '2053' would be the Modbus address as it exists within the DL06. The 12054 would be a combination of the address as sent in the communication (I' have found typically it is one higher) combined with the type - '1' - inputs.

When requesting an memory location, for example an input, they type of request defines that first number. The first number made sense when Modbus first started since it was an actual part of a physical memory mapping. But now it is basically an indication of the type of information. It could be a character, like 'X', and be just as informative. But it gets interpreted as modifying the value by adding 10,000.

It will probably take a few minutes testing to verify the 'add one' need.