Anyone familiar with an electrode well?

It's just a standard pump control system with duty/back up pumps to control the level in the well.

Omron 61FGP level relay (or equivalent) with multiple probes cut to length to operate the pumps.

Well, the plans called for putting in a PLC as part of the system, so I didn't see much need for any kind of separate controller for the system.

Well, the plans called for putting in a PLC as part of the system, so I didn't see much need for any kind of separate controller for the system.

If you wire direct to a PLC and want to use probes in the tank you will need electronic level controls to send the signals. - - Not promoting that one, just came up first on Google - -

For a straight PLC wiring it would have to be something like individual discreet floats or similar.

In the steam industry we use a conductivity relay brand called Warrick. The probe(s) are attached to a head that is rated for high pressures. Probes are just 1/4" stainless rod with 1/4-20 threads on one end, made on site. They do need to be kept somewhat clean, the point of failure when using in a steam boiler is scale build up. They are nice because there are no moving parts to wear out.