Factory Talk MultistateSTATE as a tag

drakecesar

Hello,

Can you help me please?

I have doing a HMI in Factory Talk, i need to see what state it is a multisateindicator

for example if
MultistateIndicator7= 0 ( is in state 0 right now)
or
MultistateIndicator7= 1

then i can do a expression with it.

can factory talk do that?

PD. Factory Talk View version 7.

Hello,

Can you help me please?

I have doing a HMI in Factory Talk, i need to see what state it is a multisateindicator

for example if
MultistateIndicator7= 0 ( is in state 0 right now)
or
MultistateIndicator7= 1

then i can do a expression with it.

can factory talk do that?

PD. Factory Talk View version 7.

The multistate indicator will be linked to either a PLC or Local tag, just inspect that value...

The multistate indicator will be linked to either a PLC or Local tag, just inspect that value...

maybe you didn't understand me, i already have tags in multistate indicator (image 1)

I need to know which state is (online) to make an expression with that state value. 0 or 1.

1.png 2.png

Maybe I didn't understand you ....

You DRIVE a multistate indicator to the STATE you want it to be in. You cannot interrogate the state VALUE.

Sounds like your multistate indicators have inter-dependances. Surely you can do the logic in the PLC and keep the HMI indicators as simple as possible.

Don't forget that each of the numbered states can have a "State Value", which does not have to be the same as the state index number. This means it is possible to drive the indicators with bits in a DINT tag.

For example ....

State 0 Value 0
State 1 Value 1
State 2 Value 2
State 3 Value 4
State 4 Value 8
State 5 Value 16

etc.