How to import tags to FT View Studio

MattMatt9

So I have copied the MER file from a panelview and converted to MED file. How to get updated tags to use in displays. I know i have to do something through FactoryTalk Linx -> Communication Setup. But I see "device shortcuts" and "design (local)" and "runtime (target)". And offline tag file and just dont really know the process. Plus isnt there an online folder too?

From the sounds of it you are wanting to choose a new path to the PLC program. Is that correct? If so there should already be a name in the "device shortcut" window. All you have to do is click that name and navigate to the PLC in the "design (local)" window, then hit "apply" above the "device shortcut" window and "ok" near the bottom of the screen. You can then test a screen or two to make sure the path works.

Once you're ready to put it back you'll have to click the "copy from design to runtime" button and then use the "create runtime application" to convert it back to a .mer file.

Try right-clicking the ethernet driver and then start browsing. If the PLC still doesn't show up then you may need to add a new device under the ethernet driver with the IP address.