PowerFlex 70- HIM Copycat- Can you copy to a drive that is not the same HP , etc.

Cydog

Good Morning ,

Had a PowerFlex 70 go bad . Uploaded the parameters to the HIM . Did not have the right drive replacement . The HIM says that the drive doesn’t match , can you somehow override that ?

Thanks so much ,

I have never tried a copycat with a different HP, but I have done it with different firmware levels. The message that came up was a warning, but it allowed me to continue. I am sorry, I don't remember the wording of the option to continue, but it did allow me to do it.
I just did this about three weeks ago. One warning: if you are changing the assignment of inputs from the factory setting, make sure they are off when you change their value. If not, a bit will get set in the drive and not get updated. Our application uses input 6 as an enable input. It happened to be ON when I set parameters. The factory setting for input 6 is Preset Speed 4. Because that input was on when I powered up the drive and changed the input 6 assignment, it kept the bit that selects Preset Speed 4 high and I could not change drive speeds even though I configured the speed reference source as Port 5. I had to reset the input 6 back to Preset Speed 4, then shut off the input, then reassign it back to Enable. That cleared the issue.