Hmi connection to plc ( Tia portal v13)

MohammedKayed

Hi guys
I'm new in PLCs and tia portal program, I want to make a project about GreenHouse controlled by a plc so I used tia portal program to start and learn the basics on , at now my project consist of one plc ( s7-1500 ) and one and HMI then I am going to expand it to scada system ,the problem I am facing now that is I have a value in the memory of plc (MW1)
tagged as temperature , then I used I/O field on the hmi and connect the field to the tag which contain this value with no problem but when I start the simulation this value doesn't appear ? why ?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.png 5.jpg

Hi,
to connect the HMI simulation to Plcsim, you have to set the PG/PC interface to "PLCSIM S7-1200/S7-1500".

Go to Windows Control Panel, there should be a program which starts with "PG/PC interface..." where you can change this.

Sorry I don't know the exact name in english windows version.

I am suffering from a new problem
One of tags store unwanted value!
I create a program when I click or choose the type of plant from HMI the plc sense that on the rising edge then call a function move value (temperature and soil Humidity ) to a memory , finally a see these value on the HMI
One of values showed correctly but the other is wrong one !!

1.jpg 2.png 3.jpg

Your variables are using the same memory:
Code:
Word |   Bytes  |  Bits
MW0 -> MB0, MB1 -> M0.0..M0.7, M1.0..M1.7
MW1 -> MB1, MB2 -> M1.0..M1.7, M2.0..M2.7
If you write a value to MW1, this also modifies the value of MW0. If you change bit M0.5 then you modify the value of MW0 too, and so on.

You can move your tag "Temperature" to address MW2, and "Humidity" to MW4. Then don't use the bits from M2.0 up to M5.7 anywhere else in your program.

I would recommend to store such data in a global datablock to avoid such overlay problems.