Panel Mate to slc 5/04

Boreal

Hi im new to the world of PLC programming but I am stuck in a position that I am the only one that can deal with the issues im having.
Im currently having a issue with a machine that has a Slc 500 processor ser-c proc. rev-7. the battery had died in it and wiped the program on a long shut down weekend. I was able to get the program back in it and up and running but when I received the battery and installed it I went about installing the program back in and it seem to load correctly, but as im sure you already know it didn't or maybe it did and something happened to my panelmate.
so I ordered a new processor exactly the same as the one was in it same series and proc. rev. Now problem is it seems to download to processor correctly but when it is hooked back up to the panel mate 1700 ser. it does not allow program changes. it will allow me to do manual movements with the panel mate but will not allow program changes. I have a threw button setup in panel mate with multiple programs under each one. the center one will not even acknowledge me pressing on the button. and the other programs do not change fully. one program seems correct until I try changing to a difrent program. I have contacted the company directly and sent them a copy of the program and they said that everything looked correct. so im thinking either software with panel mate or hard ware issue with one of the cards in the PLC. any tips would be appreciated im sorta in a bind. don't have much money to work with so dealing with the company to send a tech is not a option.