Zelio with SMS Control (GSMPhone to Zelio error "err*")

pcmussot

Hello Everybody,

I have a Zelio with SR2COM01 (comunication interface) and SR2MOD02 (modem 100% compatible with Zelio). After many days doing remote functions there is one part I can´t solve yet. Please advise.

What I can already do with SMS: (Z->Phone)
1.- Send internal Zelio's hardware alarm messages (from Zelio's site) to my personal GSM phone.
2.- Trigger a message from my program code (inside the Zelio) to my GSM phone: for example: any value, any action, any function, status or button pressed.

What I can´t do with the SMS yet: (Phone->Z)
1.- I can't control from outside (my phone) to the site. Examples:
2.- If I ask for the internal hardware status it answers "err*"
3.- If I ask to RUN or to STOP it answers "err*"
4.- If I send a value to change a specific variable, guess what? ... it answers "err*"

The upside of the "err*" is that proves that Zelio receives my SMS. So, there is a handshake between: MyGSMPhone<->MODEM<->COMInterface<->ZELIO in booth ways.

I think there is a bug in ZELIO Soft2.

Any advice is more than welcomed.

You have to allow the cellphone numbers to "variable modifications"
One thing that is annoying or that i havent figured out yet is that if you want to set a bit (lets say a remote start) then there is no way of reseting that bit via the software. You have to reset it again via a message

Hello Chud and gclshort,

After many more trial and error I decided to put my cel phone number in 10 numbers and it worked.
Menu>Directories>Program Recipeients Directory
TO DO: Write the phone number as 10 digits: dddddddddd
NOT TO DO: Don´t write the phone number with intenational codes: +cccdddddddddd
Where: dd´s are national numbers for a cel phone (in Mexico are 10 numbers)
Where: +ccc are international codes for a call

*Notice that international codes MUST BE in the modem's SIM.
*in Menu>Directories>Directory of Remote Stations : My SIM number (inside the modem) stills in international format

Saying that,
Now, finally, I can do the following operations:
1.- Request to RUN. (!STATE=RUN), the Zelio started and sent me a SMS with confirmation (STATE=RUN)
2.- Request Program name. (!PROG?), the Zelio answers an SMS saying PROG=Paris8 14 97 (which is the program name and versión)
3.- The last but not the least: I sent numbers and the zelio changed the parameters of specific variables.

Now we have a remote control

controled variables for the process via SMS

Last edited:
Chud?

Can you be more specific about:
"One thing that is annoying or that i havent figured out yet is that if you want to set a bit (lets say a remote start) then there is no way of reseting that bit via the software. You have to reset it again via a message

I think you can do what you think?

Best Regards

In my experience the zelio com module has some bugs. It did send zelio originated sms already but didn't answer my SMS. This time only after a firmware upgrade the unit started to reply to my SMS. After a program update it stopped working, while it was ok with several updates before. This time a comand like ********!AT+CREG? Forced it in someway to respond by an error message thereafter it started working smothly and answered rest of my SMS.
So I think the manfacturer shoul consider some optimizations and of course additional features like working with zelio through an android app.