Tag addressing PV550 via controlnet with Controllogix

ariesmanuel

I am trying to connect 1756-L65 clx to a PV550 via Controlnet but I keep getting "Error(9005)" which is an invalid tag when I try to save the file. How can I fix this?

error_tags.jpg

In general those Tags are defined in the Tag Editor with a PLC name and an address

Post a screenshot of the Tag Definition and folks might be able to help you see what's going on.

Is this a project that has worked in the past, or a new one that you are creating for that old PanelView hardware ?

I noticed that your Communications Setup defines the Node named "ADMIX" as an "Allen-Bradley PLC". I think that means that the PanelView expects PLC-5 style data table addresses instead of the ControlLogix tag names you have for the addresses of those PanelView Tags.

Check that configuration to see what options are available for you to tell the PanelView that the target is a ControlLogix, with a CIP Path to the CPU.

Your addressing also shows one PLC-5 style address (F221:188) but the rest of the addresses as actual ControlLogix tag names.

The PanelView Standard's support for ControlLogix tag names was gradual and imperfect; I would have to get out a bunch of references to tell you what version of PV550 firmware fully supported ControlLogix tags.

This project is already working. We are trying to migrate it from PLC 5 to Controllogix. In the node type there is no other option to choose from except "Allen Bradley PLC". I'm using Panel Builder ver 3.82 by the way.

I finally got to make the ControlLogix5000 appear in the node type of the Comm setup. In the protocol, I first chose Ethernet and I selected ControlLogix5000 then I finally selected Controlnet 1.5 and selected ControlLogix5000 under the node type. But now I got this problem attached below.

bool_err.jpg