how to access panelview plus config screen

GotQuestions

Hello All,

I have a panelview plus 1250 I need to make changes to but I
am not the original programmer. The previous programmer did not
add a button on any screens to access the config screen and I also do not have a usb keyboard to plug into the unit. Is there a key/key sequence that can be pressed on the keypad of the unit during power up that will take me or allow me to go to the config mode? Also is there any difference between a hard boot and a soft boot on these units?

I tried pressing random buttons as the unit was powering up and was able to get to the config mode but I cannot remember what buttons of sequence I used to get there and I do not want to keep rebooting and rebooting the unit
Thanks for your help !

Last edited:
Power cycle it or use the reset button and while booting up, look for a little white square to appear in one corner.

Touch and hold that square and it should take you to a config screen.

I think the square appears in the lower left corner...

If that doesn't work for you, I believe there are other methods that can get you in...use the forum search tools if necessary.

And welcome to the forum!
Paul

thanks for the reply OkiePC but its not a touch screen. I also tried the forum search and didnt find anything as well hopefully someone on this site had the info.

OkiePC said:
Power cycle it or use the reset button and while booting up, look for a little white square to appear in one corner.

That only works for version 4 and later.🔨

On non touch models you press the F1 key while the white square is up...again it only works on version 4 and latero_O

There is a utility you can download to get to the configuration screen. Add a button to get to the configuration screen or upgrade to version 4 as soon as you get there
http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rockwellautomation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=26037&p_created=1061784000&p_sid=coYO-Sij&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTEwLDExMCZwX3Byb2RzPTI3LDIwMCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTIuMjAwJnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1jb25maWd1cmF0aW9uIHNjcmVlbg**&p_li=&p_topview=1

GotQuestions said:
thanks for the reply OkiePC but its not a touch screen. I also tried the forum search and didnt find anything as well hopefully someone on this site had the info.
On a Non touch panel, use the 2 Left/Right Arrow keys.
Press both and hold while the panel is booting up.

For a PanelView Plus that is touch push the white square, for one that is not touch push F1 while the white square is visible, or just keep pushing F1 once power is applied until config screen opens

Press F1 key as soon as you see a whitebox at left hand side. Dont press F1 when it is loading since that will give you key stuck error

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem I pulled an HMI off one of our assembly lines, and am unable to get into it.
I see no little white box, like I did on the one I replaced this with.
This is a panelview plus 1000 (2711P-RP1 ser C rev A
I tried the left/right key combination, as well as the F1 key.

It still boots up to the program installed.

B