Ethernet communication using MSG (MicroLogix 1400 Series B)

Olecranon

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to the PLC industry (3~4 months so far), so, forgive me if my question is too naive.

I am trying to build the communication between the PLC (MicroLogix 1400 Series B) and a PC Java program using channel 1 (Ethernet ).

What I plan to do is:
1) PLC can read the PC Java's command and take further action.
2) PC Java program can send a command to PLC, and PC Java can read PLC's register as well.

My questions are.
1) How can I use MSG to read the PLC Ethernet port?
2) How can I use MSG to write something to the Ethernet port, so that my colleague's Java program can read that?

Thanks a ton.

need help

I am also looking for same thing.

I want to read micrologix 1400 plc data with register address with the help of java program on ethernet using tcp ip.

Please anybody help me.

Thanks in advance.

-Mehul Popat

PCCC commands over EtherNet/IP are definitely possible using Java or any other programming language, but just the session and connection establishment are more complex than the posters in this thread are probably prepared to implement.

So instead, use Modbus/TCP.

There are plenty of libraries available that implement it, and the MicroLogix 1400 Series B supports a nice standard set of Modbus/TCP services.

Browse on over to Sourceforge and you'll find the jamod libraries.

PCCC commands over EtherNet/IP are definitely possible using Java or any other programming language, but just the session and connection establishment are more complex than the posters in this thread are probably prepared to implement.

So instead, use Modbus/TCP.

There are plenty of libraries available that implement it, and the MicroLogix 1400 Series B supports a nice standard set of Modbus/TCP services.

Browse on over to Sourceforge and you'll find the jamod libraries.

I tried jamod but not getting clear idea.

If anyone has used it then please help me.