Fanuc R-30iA -Changing the time on a WAIT . Do you need to ABORT All before changing

Cydog

Good Morning ,

Sorry for the dumb question. I need to change a WAIT time from .5 to .2 . I change it with the teach pendant, but it goes back to .5 seconds. Do I need to select function , and ABORT ALL before I can make any changes ? What does the EDIT key do under F3 in the TEACH box ?

Thanks for your help.

If the value is hard coded, instead of referenced, you will need to put the controller in teach, turn the pendant on, and make an edit. This is considered a program edit. If this is something that may need adjustment occasionally I would put the value in a register and reference it instead of hard coding the value.

If the edit is still unsuccessful while in T1/T2 mode, check the TP file's properties/details to see if its protected. You may have to unprotect it to make any changes.

I have to log in to make register value changes.
I guess the integrator pw protected everything.

I have to log in to make register value changes.
I guess the integrator pw protected everything.

No, thats standard for the firmware. Once a password file has been created, it boots in a non-privileged operator mode. Can't change anything until logged in. Each TP file can have an additional protection against changes, just got to go in the details/properties and change it.

Good Morning ,

Sorry for the dumb question. I need to change a WAIT time from .5 to .2 . I change it with the teach pendant, but it goes back to .5 seconds. Do I need to select function , and ABORT ALL before I can make any changes ? What does the EDIT key do under F3 in the TEACH box ?

Thanks for your help.
Background edit won't do what you need? Select background edit while the robot is running, then select your TP file you want to modify. Make your changes, don't end background edit until you are sure the robot is not scanning that TP and then end the edit.