FactoryTalk View ME-Symbol Factory Selector Switch.Can you visually make that toggle?

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I'm working on a FactoryTalk View ME project , and I'm using , out of the Symbol Factory , ( in the 3D Pushbutton group ) a Selector Switch . I guess you can make that visually toggle , I guess ?

If so , how do you actually do this ?

Thanks so much ,

Rob,

One way is to copy the two (2) Symbol Factory selector switches types you would like to display then place on top of each other and use Animation expression for Visibility for the controlling tag for each switch type.

Good morning Rob. Depends on whether you want this to be an indicator only or control with indicator. Also, is this a two or 3 position switch.

My suggestion is, based on the criteria above, you'd create a multistate indicator and insert the bitmap of your choice from Symbol Factory into the image for each state.

If you want this to control also, add a transparent button object below the indicator. I did something like this a long time ago in ME for an illuminated pushbutton that showed the button depressed/released image when lit/extinguished (4-states). The indicator used an expression that looked at the status of the button and indicator tags in order to determine state 0-3.

Hope this helps.

Ok. So really this Selector Switch is only a image , right ? So I would need to
put a pushbutton , with a tag attached , under this Selector Switch , correct ?

Thanks

Ok. So really this Selector Switch is only a image , right ? So I would need to
put a pushbutton , with a tag attached , under this Selector Switch , correct ?

Thanks
Correct. If you only need two states like a regular illuminated PB, you might be able to do this in a single object. If you have a momentary PB input, you'd use a separate indicator tag. Haven't tried that before. o_O

Last edited:
Have a read here if you've access?...

1083556 - FactoryTalk View ME: Creating an HOA Push Button
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards
George