FTView Studio gotodisplay

bill4807

Hi All,

Im having two issues with my gotodisplay buttons on panelview plus 7. Read through the user manual and do not see any explanation of this, nor have i had this happen to me on any other screens.

Lets sayI have 7 screens that i can navigate to from the main screen.
For example, When i press any gotodisplay button once, lets say i press (manual functions) it takes me to that particular screen, then i can press the main menu and it takes me back to main menu, but if i press (manual functions) directly after that nothing happens.

Once i press any other screen button, other than (manual functions) it goes to that display, then i am able to navigate to manual functions screen again.

Second issue:
If i press the screen navigation button of a screen i am already on it throws an alarm saying "you are already on this screen" is there a way to mask this error message?

Hi Bill,

I can help you with the first issue, as I had this exact same problem the other day.

Right click on the screen you are having the problem with and go to display settings.

Make sure you have the box ticked for replace and not on top.

For the second issue, I would remove the button that takes you to the same screen as you are on.

Cheers

Mark

Hi mark,

Thank you for the help.
On the main screen the tick box for "on top" was checked. Changing it to replaced corrected the problem.

I do recall coming across this terminology in the manual (on top Vs replaced, but i didn't put it together.

On another note:
I had posted that question after spending over an hour trying to figure out why my studio 5000, kept popping up with fatal error microsoft application, when trying to open my main routine. I found out a startup program was causing this issue.
A startup program which was not present 4 days ago, when i started on that program.