Help How to program a date stop for a pump Rslogix5000

chris18136

Basically I know that I need a GSV but I still Don't know how to set the time to stop the pump. The pump has to stop certain day at certain hours of the day. every day.

Hope somebody can help me.

Greetings

Use LIM instructions on the hour.

Say you want the pump to stop between 0800 and 0900, and again at 1500 to 1800

You can incorporate Minutes if you need, say, 0830 by adding more LIM instructions in the branches.

In the example code below I have used a UDT for the destination of the GSV, and so long as the UDT is the same construction as a DINT[7] array, the GSV works happily with it

2019-11-25_062746.jpg

One thing that I have noticed especially with AB controllers is that they do not keep there time well. If you set it with "pc" time and go back at the end of the week the time will be a tad off.... like seconds. Something to consider depending how important the process is that this will be controlling.

I have noticed the time accuracy on both controllers & HMI's our solution was to connect them to our factory Scada (our form of BMS) & sync the clocks from our server.

Rockwell has a free program called Time Sync (or something like that) that can use the lite version of RSLinx (both free) that will sync the clock at what ever rate you want. I use it at a couple of plants that uses the date embedded in a barcode to reject if it's to old. Works great. I also use the free sample time/date comparison AOIs.

*waits for daba to realise the bug in his "incorporate minutes" code*

The first project I did comparing Start Hour, Start Minute, Stop Hour and Stop Minute was for home Christmas lights.

The big thing is there needs to be a Hour After Start Hour and Hour Before Stop Hour to compare to also, and they can NOT overlap.
Start = 20 & Stop = 21 then:
Hour After Start = 21 & Hour Before Stop = 20 - LIM this and the output will ALWAYS be on.

EDIT: And - don't forget about adjusting DST (Summertime for those in Europe & Asia), if the times to run are based on average dark times you would have to ADD or SUB an hour to the setpoints.

Last edited:
Rockwell has two options for standard time syncing, (not for motion control).
1. The PlantPAX library has a couple of Time blocks that allow you to sync to an external time server. This only works on systems with newer communications modules that support open sockets.
2. There is tool that runs on a workstation or server that has Rslinx installed, it can be configured to sync all the processors to the workstation.
"The Logix5000 Clock Update Tool is an application that allows you to manually and automatically synchronize a controller's wall clock time with a PC’s time, including timezone and daylight savings offset. The most recent version can be downloaded as described in technote 544429 - How to download RSLogix 5000 Tools?

Automatic synchronization can be scheduled at intervals as fast as every minute and as slow as one month.

Logix5000 Clock Update Tool supports the following controllers:

ControlLogix
GuardLogix
FlexLogix
CompactLogix
PLC5
SLC 500
MicroLogix"