power flux 40 to 1203 usb converter set up for RS linx classic

Stuwertz

we have 12 numbers of power flux 40 drives in our system placed in the devicenet network. I want to connect with DSI port of power flux 40 to see the warnings of 22-COMM- D adapter. I have 1203-USB to DPI/DSI converter.

Below settings i set in RS -linx driver

Com -port-5 ( exactly ok )

Device - 1770-kf2/scan port
Baud rate - 19200. Rest all settings i leave it to default. Then i connected to drive no 1 and i take the fault messages. But when i connect to drive no2 RS linx driver not able to find the DSi .

I tried lot.

Could any one help us.

1203-USB connecting to drives can be troublesome. I usually run RSlinx / Drive Executive as an admin. Connect to the drive configuring the driver as you have stated:
Com -whatever port you have connected
Device - scan port
Baud 19200
Parity - None
Stop Bits-1
Station - 00 (or if you have a station number assigned)
Error Checking - BCC
Protocol - Full Duplex

Sometime i cannot get the driver to connect, so I will right click on the driver in the RSWho explorer screen, select configure driver, and when it opens just hit ok. For some reason this allows it to reset. Also, I've had to restart my computer on several occasions because it wouldn't work. Good luck.

1203-USB connecting to drives can be troublesome. I usually run RSlinx / Drive Executive as an admin. Connect to the drive configuring the driver as you have stated:
Com -whatever port you have connected
Device - scan port
Baud 19200
Parity - None
Stop Bits-1
Station - 00 (or if you have a station number assigned)
Error Checking - BCC
Protocol - Full Duplex

Sometime i cannot get the driver to connect, so I will right click on the driver in the RSWho explorer screen, select configure driver, and when it opens just hit ok. For some reason this allows it to reset. Also, I've had to restart my computer on several occasions because it wouldn't work. Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes when I connect to first drive is successful. I don’t know what’s the procedure whether we need to stop the RS LINX driver or else whether need to properly disconnect from drive executive software before disconnecting the cable . For first drive it’s already registered node 1. Then I just removed cable then this node will appear with cross mark . Then when I connect on drive 2 it’s not getting healthy. The same even whatever after restart the system is not able to communicate with the drive no 2.

But again when I connect to drive it’s connected again.

The DSI node number and the DeviceNet node number are not the same.

In general, a PowerFlex 40 will be DSI Node 1 unless you have intentionally changed it to use multi-drive mode.

If each one of your PowerFlex 40 drives has a 22-COMM-D interface module, then they are all probably still set for DSI Node 1.

When using the 1203-USB and I go from drive to drive I sometimes need to change the com port number to another one and click OK and then go back to the original port number.

This allows the USB port to reconnect to the 1203.

Alan.

When using the 1203-USB and I go from drive to drive I sometimes need to change the com port number to another one and click OK and then go back to the original port number.

This allows the USB port to reconnect to the 1203.

Alan.

When I change the port number reconfigured of DF1 device has failed message and still can’t able to communicate drive to drive

Did you change the port back to the correct one?

Alan

Yes . Mr Alan . I changed to original port but still not communication with other drive . There is any procedure to restart rs linx driver to establish communication. In a circuit if I have 12 drive means all the drive has same default dh485 setting. But why it communicate to other ones .