Neutral

"To bond neutral to ground in a sup panel could create hazard if incoming neutral wire connection is ever lost."

Can you explain how? I would think the upstream devices just wouldn't work.

In a sub panel, it is assumed that the neutral has been grounded at the point of origin. If you ground it also at the sub panel and the neutral feeding the sub panel breaks, you are now carrying all the current in the ground system instead of the neutral. This could happen w/o anyone even knowing.

In Ozz, 3 phase colours are red, white, blue and black for neutral. Single phase is either red and black or brown and light blue. Earth is yellow and green stripe. Yellow and green cannot be used for any thing other than the striped earth.
MEN (main earth/neutral) is our bonding system, as in the US.
beerchug

rsdoran said "Even following NEC the neutral wire may be black if marked, the connection block is marked."

True the neutral wire may be black if marked, but the marking on the connection block does not mean the wire is marked. According to the NEC Sizes No. 6 and smaller conductors must be continuously marked over it’s entire length, either by being white or natural gray or by three continuous white stripes. Using black #10 and marking it with three white stripes at it's connections is not up to code. Of course there are a few exceptions.

Ron, NEC 200-6 explains the identification of grounded conductors, and I don't see any of the exceptions allowing only the connection block be marked... :confused:

Regarding the bonding question...

I think once someone takes the time to fully understand the difference between ground-ING and ground-ED conductors, the 'fog' will lift. There's a very distinct difference!... (n)

beerchug

-Eric