wire color again

awalinski

Does anyone know what the wiring color code is for Caribean?
We have to build a panel for 208V 1 phase, and some say it should be 2 Black wires ( 2 hot wires), some say Black - line and White - neutral. This is an ongoing question and it arises every time we sell a project into this region. Do we treat them as we would US customer or European?

Do we treat them as we would US customer or European?

Not being one that has the faintest idea, I'm wondering why not send them what you've sent them in the past that hasn't been sent back or rewired. Surely your engineering dept. (you?) should be able to find the right authorities to answer local questions, or at the very least a local inspector. How 'bout this...if they speak English, go with US standards. If they speak French, go with European standards. Sorry no concrete ideas but you do pose an interesting question. Would like to see the 'real' answer you get. Good luck on this one.

Bob