graphics from RSView32 to RSViewME

awalinski

Is importing graphics from RSView32 to RSViewME possible in any way?
I tried just to copy .gfx file from one directory to the other, but ME does not see it. Why? They are both using the .gfx files for displays.

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to import RSView32 graphics into RSView ME. However, here is a workaround that was posted on the Rockwell Automation forum page:

If what you need are the graphics, then there is a workaround.
Use the project documentor utility and export the displays you need to a HTML.
open the HTML and then open the display, (it open's as a bitmap)
Right click on the bitmap and save.
open a ME project and bring in the bitmap as an image and use it that way.
It is kind of cumbersome but it saves re-creating the graphics.

Hope this helps!

Rick