Studio 5000 version 31 failed to install

Funny, in that the tape measurer you link per the website's Product Overview NOT once was mentioned any thing in Metric scale...

And then in the Specification the only time "Metric" is shown is in Measurement Standard...

LOL, metric you lose...

Also check in Activation Manager what version is showed there....

When Rockwell introduced the Tech connect they would talk to you but usually they would delay for about a week even though we had spent £25,000 on new software, since then they have reduced their outlet bases, increased the costs reduced any help unless you buy a tech connect I can now only assume that they will not entertain you unless you sign up & pay ridiculous money on top of what can only be described over priced unreliable software that eats your pc or crashes it and even in some cases stops other systems (PLC Related) from operating correctly (My moan for the day)

When Rockwell introduced the Tech connect they would talk to you but usually they would delay for about a week even though we had spent £25,000 on new software, since then they have reduced their outlet bases, increased the costs reduced any help unless you buy a tech connect I can now only assume that they will not entertain you unless you sign up & pay ridiculous money on top of what can only be described over priced unreliable software that eats your pc or crashes it and even in some cases stops other systems (PLC Related) from operating correctly (My moan for the day)

We have "self Serve" tech connect that we paid $12,000 for, which means I can only email them. And someone from India using a script will respond to me once a week if I'm lucky. but I'm on my own as far as trying to figure out how to get this installed. Our IT department doesn't want to touch it, they feel it's more important to help some airhead in the front office who needs help hooking up a second monitor.

Gents,

May I give you one advice: forget V31
Please install the latest version V32 which is much better, with less crashes.

Wish I could, we just got new equipment and it's using version 31, so I need it anyways. If I update the firmware on the new equipment without having backups of the program on the server that seems like a bad Idea.

Installation Troubleshooting

Hey, I just had a similar issue when installing all of the older versions of Studio 5000 one over the other on a newly commissioned PC. The issue that was holding me up was that apparently in an earlier version install, Logix Samples v2 was installed, and this install wanted to install Logix Samples v1 with no way to deselect the package as it was part of the Logix Designer v31 component. I was able to uninstall the Logix Samples v2, and the installation went without a hitch. Pro Tip : If there is a yellow caution triangle beside a component, click it, it will pop up a bubble telling you what the anticipated issue will be. That is how I found the info about the conflicting version installs.

I ran into a similar issue with FactoryTalk ME just a couple months ago. I had a newer version installed but the project I had to work on was one version older. I tried a number of times to install the older version before I removed the newest version. Once I removed the newer version the older version installed. I also remember a few ago when I get new laptops to set up I had to start with the oldest version first then work my way up. That is the only way I was able to get every version required installed.

I have been having trouble with downloads failing during install with the Rockwell Download Manager. Typically this on larger files with multiple ZIP files. I had success downloading the ZIPs individually then running the setup.exe files individually.

Some of you guys/Gals need to invest in VM Ware. I don't ever mix software or versions. I have xp Logix (16 to 18) , win 7 logix (20 to 32) and win 10 logix (34). Then separate VMs for each version of FTSE and ME. Not to mention Ignition VM, 8 different Wonderware VMs, ifix VM, Softshop VM, MotionWorks VM, and so on. Disk space is cheap, my time screwing with software conflicts isn't, especially rolling back versions....thats the surest and fastest way to pollute your registry and have orphaned **** everywhere.

some of you guys/gals need to invest in vm ware. I don't ever mix software or versions. I have xp logix (16 to 18) , win 7 logix (20 to 32) and win 10 logix (34). Then separate vms for each version of ftse and me. Not to mention ignition vm, 8 different wonderware vms, ifix vm, softshop vm, motionworks vm, and so on. Disk space is cheap, my time screwing with software conflicts isn't, especially rolling back versions....thats the surest and fastest way to pollute your registry and have orphaned **** everywhere.

+10000000