Odd story with ERPC card and MES connection

userxyz

Hi,

My customer has all his PLC's connected to a master PLC. The Master PLC has a ERPC card that communicates with a software interface in MES, that interface is a translator for the MES software. All this is running on a Windows 2008 Server.

Now they wanna update the MES server. So they wanna update to Windows 2016 and SQL Server 2016. the IT dept. actually says that this will be an issue for the link between the Master PLC and the MES application, basically they mean that ERPC to the translator software is an issue after updating. I am not 10% sure, but I don't think the ERPC card depends on software versions on the IT side, so I think the Translator (interface) for MES is not supported on Window 2016 instead of the ERPC...

Anyone who can confirm this ?

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Combo

You will need to specify the PLC make, model and MES system in use along with version numbers before anyone will be able to provide meaningful assistance

I wouldn't see any reason that updating the windows end would affect the module, unless MSSQL actually removed the communications interface that devicewise uses.

That said, I only played with devicewise once. I'd double check with them to be sure.

:)

:)

My point exactly :)

I wouldn't see any reason that updating the windows end would affect the module, unless MSSQL actually removed the communications interface that devicewise uses.

That said, I only played with devicewise once. I'd double check with them to be sure.