How to setup S7-300 I-Device config

Got it working

After working with some Siemens reps I finally got this working.

The missing pieces were:
- OB82/OB83 are both required (these faults get generated while the profinet connection is established and if they are missing the CPU stops) (someone metioned OB82 but OB83 is also required)
- the I/O image size had to be increased since the I/O of the I-Device mapping was beyond the default 256 bytes defined (or I could have used peripheral I/O (PI and PQ) which I now understand it’s purpose – to directly access I/O outside of the image table cache) (the image table size is configured in the CPU properties under the "Cycle/Clock Memory" and is called "size of process-image input/output area")

Thanks,

Similar Topics

Currently tinkering with a home project for a wood router lift machine using some second hand parts from a redundant timber mill. The servo is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, How is a ADDMX function setup to communicate to slave devices (Modbus TCP/IP) that connected to BMENOS0300 in a M580 Remote drop. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to setup a Delta MS300 VSD. I have not done something like this in years so any help would be appreciated. I am going through the...
Replies
Views
When connecting a s7 setup - psu, cpu, input and output is the correct configuration of cables PSU-CPU 24v and 0v mass Input card 0v wired to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm in the phase of dimensioning the PLC hardware setup for a machine. So far I've chosen to work with the 314C-2 DP CPU since it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom