AB SLC 5/04 with Redlion for DAQ

harigb

Hi
I am having AB SLC 5/04 PLC with supported DF1 protocol from RS232 port.

But I'll explain my challenging situations, In our production line we are using two SLC 5/04 PLC. Both are communicating with AB DH+ protocol. In that two PLC's there's RS232 Port available, One with DF1 Half-Duplex slave protocol configured and other with DF1 Full-Duplex configured.(Here we know RS232 serial port configurations for those PLC's, and the challenge is we are not allowed to change it). Both PLC's are placed in different panels, and both are at ~100 mts distance. We can place to accommodate Redlion product in one panel where PLC with RS232 DF1 full-duplex configuration. With these existing configuration and challenges, We wanted to understand the following.
  1. 1. Does Redlion DA30D works with the SLC 5/04 PLC for DF1 Half-Duplex slave and DF1 Full-Duplex.
  2. 2.If it is going to work, I can connect one PLC directly with in the same panel, where other PLC need to travel 100 meters with RS232 DF1 configuration, which is not possible for serial communication. So, I wanted to know if I convert that PLC RS232 to RS422 at the same DF1 Half-Duplex slave does this works for DAQ with both SLC 5/04 and Redlion setup