Factory Talk View Studio Site Edition Communcation with ML1400

shirish

Hello Guys

In One Project i am using "FTV Site Edition version 5.0"with Micrologix 1400
via Rslinx Enterprises in Ethernet network,While assigning shortcut,i couldn't
find ML1400 there,it is showing yellow question mark?
what is the solution of this problem?

Regards
Shirish
India

As far as I know, Linx Enterprise is solely for Logix Platform (CompactLogix, ControlLogix) CIP communications, and won't work with older PLC's.

You can't even drill down through bridges with Linx Enterprise to older networks, you need to use Linx Classic.

ML1400 Through Rslink Enterprises

Its working with Rslink only but i want it by Rslinx Enterprises only
because Customer has not purchase Rslink software and its working with
other micrologixs.
I have downliad EDS file from Rockwell site and put it in my Laptop and
checked but it didn't worked?
One of my friend also facing this kind of problem in Panelview 1000 plus
Anybody having solution for these problem?

Thanks & Regards
Shirish Shrivastava
India

WIth ME, I have a couple PVP's working with a ML1100 using RSLinx Enterprise and it works fine.
For the ML1400, I think you need to upgrade the RSLinx Enterprise. But then I do not have experience with SE

Factory Talk 5.10 & RSLinx Enterprise 5.20 now support the ML1400 (had the same problem but now resolved with upgrade).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob

I want to clear up a couple of issues:

RSLinx Enterprise does support "legacy" Allen-Bradley controllers, including MicroLogix, SLC-500, and PLC-5. It has less flexibility in communication drivers than RSLinx Classic, but it does support the most common connections including EtherNet/IP, DF1, DH485, and DH+.

RSLinx Enterprise uses a product identity database that is hard-coded into the product, instead of EDS files. Adding or removing an EDS file has no effect on RSLinx Enterprise.

Support for the MicroLogix 1400 controller was added after the initial release of FactoryTalk View 5.0.

The most straightforward way to add MicroLogix 1400 support to FactoryTalk View Studio is to upgrade, as Kidblue described, to FactoryTalk View Studio 5.10.

If you type the keywords "FactoryTalk View MicroLogix 1400" into the RA Knowledgebase search engine, the 4th result is Answer ID # 55645, which describes the FT component revisions that support the MicroLogix 1400 controller.

FactoryTalk View Site Edition with ML1400

can i download latest software Factorytalk View SE & Rslinx Enterprises From ab.com ??

Where would i use enterprise over lite or gateway?

Well, per Ken, I stand corrected. Nice to know, I've always just used Classic for older processors, or any that need routing. I haven't played with the latest release of FTView SE, as I'm done with fooling with the idiot activation. Now I have to start looking for other HMI options.

Linx Enterprise is supposed to be "Optimized" for the Logix platform PLC's, but in practice, I've not noticed any difference between Enterprise and Classic, except enterprise is less prone to "Going Stupid" on PLC Disconnect/reconnects then is Classic.