Crimson 3.0 Auto-Translate

TimC114

Hello,

Since we build machinery for customers all over the world, the language translation feature in Crimson could potentially be a great asset.

But, it doesn't seem to want to work.

I currently have 4 languages set up, and when I go into File > Utilities > Auto-Translate, I get an "ERROR - The Operation Failed". No other information is given.

Is there anything I can do to get this feature to work? It would certainly help us out in the customer-service side of things. Maybe it's just not pointing to the correct Google Translate page?

Thanks,

Tim

I had an issue with similar on crimson 3. Unfortunately i can't remember how i fixed it but i do know that an email to their tech support gave me a very quick and correct answer. the guys at redlion (in my opinion) are excellent on the tech support side.
Also, i think there is one of them on here regularly.

You can select two different choices for internet based translation. I have problems with the "Google Web APIs" sometimes (same errors you get), but the "Microsoft Translator" option seems to always work.

Make sure you have internet access on your PC because the software goes online to do the translation.

Thanks
Jeremy

This is an old thread, but I hit the same problem. Norm at tech support pointed me the right way, I had two languages that used the same language code and this caused the system to fail.

You do have to watch the auto translations, 'date' translated to French as 'rendez-vous amoureux' and 'pulses' translated to French as 'les légumineuses'. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Russian, Chinese and Korean.