Trying to translate a .RSP file for Studio 5000

GlenOsborne

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have Studio 5000 as well as the "Translate PLC-5/SLC 2.0" tool. However my SLC-500 file is in .RSP format.

I don't have the RSLogix 500 to save as a .SLC and export the .TXT. Is there a tool to allow me to do this?

yfzJsHk.jpg

Thank you,

GlenO

I think .RSP is PLC-5 so you would need RSLogix 5 or someone will come along and convert it for you.

Oops, I think you are right. For some reason I thought that the PLC that is existing used the same programming as the RSLogix 500 but the icon in the Translate program looks like the existing hardware. So it looks like it is RSLogix 5. Thank you for the info.

Now I guess I need .CSV file

KuulKuum got the file translated for me, but it looks like it doesn't have the descriptions. I don't know if this file had item descriptions but I hope so, otherwise I will have a bit of a problem figuring out what everything does.

I also downloaded what I suppose is an upgrade from the translate tool and got the Project Migrator.
hK8TXiC.jpg

There's no comments in that program so you will need a copy of the original or a copy of the commented program. Comments are stored on the laptop not in the PLC.

There's no comments in that program so you will need a copy of the original or a copy of the commented program. Comments are stored on the laptop not in the PLC.
I see. I guess I'll be running down ancient subcontractors then as I am afraid that this file is all that the department of transportation had to give me. This may be a bit trickier than I imagined. Thank you for your help.