Maple Systems HMI Alarm Popup

jthornton

I'm trying to figure out how the alarm popup works but I can't figure out what is missing to make the alarm window to stay up until acknowledged. I'm using AlarmPopUp.emtp as my working example. My attempt is AlarmTest.emtp but the alarm window does not stay in focus... anyone have a idea what I missed? I've attached both files in the zip file.

Thanks
JT

Ok, I got the popup to work and the acknowledge button to work but can't figure out how to clear the alarms I've tried LB9023 delete all event log files but that does not work.

I've attached the current file.

JT

Last edited:
I'm getting there, I just figured out you can clear the alarms in the alarm window you have to acknowledge it then in another window clear them. Now to figure out how to display the correct alarm based on a number in the SLC500...

I've attached the file where I'm at so far.

JT

I used EB8000 for this example. Hope it's close enough.
Select Objects, Alarm, Alarm (Event) Log.
In it, you set the bit, priority, and text to be displayed.

I finally found the spot to set the number of characters. Now if I can just figure out why when N7:21 is set I get an alarm but N7:26 does not give me an alarm. I have them all setup in the Event Alarm Log.

JT

I know the old HMI worked with the setup that the PLC has for triggering the alarms. Each station has a separate integer N7:21 - N7:28 for reporting faults. Only the N7:21 is working and popping up the fault screen.

I have the Direct Window setup in the Common Window triggered by LB-9043 unacknowledged events exist.

I have the event display setup on a window.

I have the event alarm log setup for each integer but only N7:21 works...

Any ideas what I'm missing? The old Maple HMI worked with this setup.

JT

common-window.jpg event-alarm-log.jpg event-display.jpg

I don't know exactly whats going on, but let me explain how I might have done this.

If I understand - the Fault Code is actually in the 16 bit word that you are reading(If this is not correct then dis-regard this information.)

I would create a "String Table" and make sure the the description of each string
co-insides with the fault codes.
Example: String0="Fault 0"
String1="Fault 1"
String2="Fault 2"

Now you just trigger the alarm anytime the word value is greater than >0. And if the word value = 2 it world display String 2 from the string table.

I do this all the time and would be happy to provide the exact code but I think you will be able to figure it out yourself.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi David,

Each station has an integer for errors. Station 1 will popup the error screen but the rest will not. I've attached the emtp file if you have a chance to gander at it.

Station 1 Faults N7:21
Station 2 Faults N7:22
Station 3 Faults N7:26
Stations 3-5 have been removed and Station 6 changed to station 3 is why the numbers are not sequential.
Station 7 Faults N7:27
Station 8 Faults N7:28

I wish there was one integer for all errors but there may be multiple stations with a fault.

JT

Well I'll be darn, the previous programmer didn't change the tags so Sta3 Fault Register was still N7:23! Now it makes sense what the tech was telling me that the faults would show up as station 6, because they were never changed. I imported the tags so I just plain missed that and man I was pulling my hair out on that one. And no I didn't spot it the Maple tech support spotted it.

Thanks for all the help.
JT

I'm glad you have it worked out!

I have to say Maple Support has help me several times and I must say they really know what they are doing..