HMI with Safe View - FTView SE

Barbx

Hello all!

My customer asked for an HMI programmed with "Safe View" approach to avoid too many windows to be opened at the same time. He wants to allow only 4 screens maximum at any point of time and be configurable later.

I already put all displays to be replaced when opened, because I have a lot of pop-up possibilities to open faceplates and indicators in each one of them, so I totally don't know even how to start this... VBA or macro...

Thank you for reading! :D

ps: I'm using FactoryTalk View Studio CPR 9 SR 10, Local Station.

The most simple way to do this would be to have an HMI Tag for "Open_Windows".

Each Display has a "Startup Command" and a "Shutdown Command". You could make each one a Ramp Up or a Ramp Down of the Open_Windows tag.

Use the value of Open_Windows to animate the Visibility of each button that allows a window to open. FTView doesn't have an easy "Disable" feature (as far as I know) so I stack the visibility-animated button on top of a version that's just a grayed-out graphic/text of the button.

You'll probably also need some way to reset that open-number-of-windows value, and maybe also an indicator that says "Max # of Windows Are Open".

This is a built in feature for Some HIM packages, but not Rockwell.
Since you have the displays handled. You could index a counter, with each popup, and if the count =4 , close last popup, before opening next one. Not ideal because you would always close the 4th one opened. But you would never exceed 4.

First of all, thank you so much for helping.

I really liked both approaches, but I'm still kinda stuck.
I did a hybrid of them, and in my POV, maybe I'm making it more complicated but Allen-Bradley is not friendly user...

I did the "ramp "tag" +1/-1" in the commands/behavior in each page and the indicator like: "Open Windows: /*N:1 {Open_Windows} NOFILL DP:0*/ | Max: 4", but something was still missing. Then I linked a small logic on RSLogix5k to reset the counter when reaching the maximum, ok.

However, every time a display's button is clicked, it only calls the new display and the new display setting is to "replace" the other, but since the other was not "officially" shutdown, the counter tag doesn't receive the info, so it keeps always +1 in new principal displays. (I hope I'm being clear enough) ):

To avoid open one new display every time, in these buttons, the press action is "Display x" and in the release is "Abort Me" or only "Abort", but when it's in this "Display x" is active, it would abort himself since I'm using global objects.

DiagnosticsLog.JPG

It's still in testing...

LOSafev.JPG