OT : how cool

Third time firing and landing the very same rocket. Pretty fitting to this topic, I'd say. This time I was informed and saw it live streamed.

SpaceX is targeting Saturday, March 2 for launch of Crew Dragon’s first demonstration mission from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. This test flight without crew on board the spacecraft is intended to demonstrate SpaceX’s capabilities to safely and reliably fly astronauts to and from the International Space Station as part of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program.

The instantaneous launch window opens at 2:49 a.m. EST, or 7:49 UTC, and a backup instantaneous launch opportunity is available on Tuesday, March 5 at 1:38 a.m. EST, or 6:38 UTC. Following stage separation, SpaceX will attempt to land Falcon 9’s first stage on the “Of Course I Still Love You” droneship, which will be stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

Not sure if I will be awake but should be fun to watch

https://www.spacex.com/webcast

Tomorrow should be fun to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhrkdHshb3E

SpaceX is targeting Saturday, January 18 for an in-flight test of Crew Dragon’s launch escape capabilities from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. This test, which does not have NASA astronauts onboard the spacecraft, is intended to demonstrate Crew Dragon’s ability to reliably carry crew to safety in the unlikely event of an emergency on ascent.

The four-hour test window opens at 8:00 a.m. EST, or 13:00 UTC. Backup test opportunities with the same four-hour launch window opening at 8:00 a.m. EST, or 13:00 UTC, are available on Sunday, January 19 and Monday, January 20

The timing is right as the roscomos soyuz failed yesterday. The US and Russian crew members survived but the problem is getting people up there. The soyuz capsule that is at the space station now can't stay up there past december.

Huh, I missed that one. They also had that failure during ascent a year or so ago. Luckily their abort system saved them.

You can take a crack at docking in the simulator:

https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

Bob and Doug are in orbit, on their leg of the world's biggest ever game of Capture the Flag.

The Falcon stuck the landing on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship in the Atlantic.