Ignition Questions

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ok, so a Client of mine in the Oil and Gas in which i do all the programming at the wells, has paid someone from the city to install a scada system and i commissioned the wells back with him. that was 2 months ago. Now i was making a change at the plant for more data to scada, and the client tells me he hasnt setup any of the history he has been paid to do and they are not happy at all. I want to try tell them i can finish it, but i am not familiar with Ignition yet. I am working on their online University, just wondering what else our forum can recommend to me.

The history is pretty easy to setup, assuming you have a database already in place to store the data. The online videos are the best, but I always had my own setup on VMs that I could configure as I followed along. Would help if you had a listing of everything that needed to be logged so you could test it in a controlled environment prior to gain some confidence.

Pretty easy.

The history is pretty easy to setup, assuming you have a database already in place to store the data. The online videos are the best, but I always had my own setup on VMs that I could configure as I followed along. Would help if you had a listing of everything that needed to be logged so you could test it in a controlled environment prior to gain some confidence.

Pretty easy.

+1 for Ignition.
The Easy Chart component is very simple to set up. There is also a property on the Easy Chart that you can use to switch back and forth from RealTime to Historical.

All you need is a database to log the tags to, such as MySQL, which is free and simple to install and set up.

Most likely there's already SQL database set up for tags, and you will first need to go into the tags and enable history for each tag you want to be able to trend and log. It's pretty straightforward and default settings work for most applications, but there are many configurable options. You won't have anything historical to chart until you enable history in the tags' properties.

Go through the online university, I don't remember if I finished it or not but it gives you some insight. It's similar to factorytalk and wonderware but different enough that going through the online classes made it an easy transition.

I know this is 4 months later, But my client has just approved me taking over the their Host. :)
The previous guy still has not set up History for them. I will be getting credentials next week, that is my first priority (to set up the history they want) and then i need to prepare the 2 new wells that they drilled.
On the plus side, we now have a contractor working for us in our other division, and he is very familiar with Ignition already, incase i need help. Between PLCTALK and him, it will be fun, but i should be able to get it.

Thanks for the update! You will probably find you won't need much help unless you tying to do something really crazy.