RSView32

Keldog

Hey all. I know this forum is about PLC's but i was wondering if there is anybody that knows about RSView32, i keep getting an error when i try to open a new project. the Error reads as follows "unable to initialize DAO/jet db engine"

any help would be greatly appriciated

P.S. Is reinstalling the only way to get rid of this problem.

Fix no good, did not work i downloaded and stalled the visual studio like it said but i still get the same error when i open the progrm and try to load one, i can start a new one ok but can't start an already exisitng one

No, you don't need to download VS, actually, you need to install the MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). They are redistributable programs that provide for generic control of several databases. Note that in later releases of MDAC, Jet (The Access Engine) isn't included, but is a seperate runtime.

Best fix, is to reinstall the version of MDAC that came with your software (RSView32, or the application) after removing all other MDAC/Jet installations. There are lots of stupid compatability issues.

Forum

There is also an RSView32 forum over at the AB website, don't forget to check the technotes in the knowledge base also at www.ab.com

Your local distributor usually has a software guy, they are usually pretty good with RSView32 issues, since the product has been around a while.....just what I've found anyway.

Greg

Thanks for the update. And yep, that is indeed a much better explained fix for MattB's and my thoughts. It is getting to be a nightmare with so many versions of the database access engines, and C Runtime engines, and MFC Runtimes, <scream>

I'm glad you got the problem solved.

RSview32

Hello, I hope this post will help in the future...

I have had quite some problems with RSview32. (errors resulting in automatoc closing down RSview32) and some memory buffer failures. (on several different pc's)

Many hours on the phone with Rockwell did not solve the problems.

By accident i found the solution for many problems. When you copy/paste an image in one of the screens, there will be errors in the scripting (RSview32) that CAN lead to several unexplainable problems like crashing/memory problems etc....

This is confirmed by Rockwell !!!!!!!!

So please use the normal way to import any pictures/drawings thru objects.

Perhaps if you have unexplainable problems and used Copy/paste then heres the solution.

I hope it helps....

Kind regards
Viper

Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine

I realize that this thread is quite old, but I'm trying to help a customer with a machine that is quite old. They have RSVIEW32 Works (7.20) and currently every time I try to open a project (any project) it gives me the error, "Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine", and does not open it. I've tried to go the link listed as the solution in this thread, but it's a dead link.
http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/400D389370C13BD28525703E006EDFD5?OpenDocument

Did anyone happen to save the contents of the link somewhere else?

I've also tried to do the steps in this link, but they seem not to help.
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000fyj8SAA&l=en-US

Does anyone have any ideas that might help?