OS copy of Beckhoff CX1020

buscaruidos

Hi,

I have a Beckhoff CX1020 Embedded PC here without OS. (CF dead!!)
I tryed to setup Win XP embedded without success. Avery time I get a Blue Screen!

Can anybody supply me with an XP embedded Image, which will run on this target?

I have also downloaded a Image from the Beckhoff FTP-Server.
ftp://ftp.beckhoff.com/Software/embPC-Control/CX10xx/CX1020/XPE/
The problem is that all the ZIP files are password protected!

I will appreciated your help!

Thankssssss!

I understand that the Win XPE image from Beckhoff includes Twincat run-time w/ license. Judging from their price sheet, the run-time appears to cost ~$500. They only provide it on their own PC's. If you are the original owner, Beckhoff should be able to fix you. If not, there may still be a valid license associated with the PC, so beg your local salesman.

To use the CX as a general PC, you might install regular Win XP, if it can fit on the memory card. To make a custom XP image, I requires expensive Microsoft software. But that approach would not allow it to work with Beckhoff modules, unless you install the full TwinCAT-PLC programming environment (~$1200).

Windows XP embedded is licensed similar to Windows XP OEM.
So Beckhoff should be able to supply you with an image file at no cost.
Why not contact their support ?

Thank you.
I did, but because it had not purchased directly from Beckhoff Spain ... Beckhoff response "f_ck you" ...
To update the firmware of my modules BK or Bc € 70 unit ... sent to his office ...
very good service!
regards

Last edited: