You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread January 14th, 2020, 12:54 PM   #1
MorphuisOGrady
Sweden

Modicon Quantum Programming Software

Hi there,

Anyone familiar with Modicon Quantum PLCs?

What programming software is required for the 45PLQUA series and what is the latest supported OS need to install?

Never used Modicon before and have a couple of small modifications to make to a system.

Thanks in advance.
Unread January 14th, 2020, 04:35 PM   #2
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

I've only used the older modicon quantum PLC's, but they used Proworx 32. Maybe start there, if that's not correct it might at least lead you in the right direction.
Unread January 14th, 2020, 06:21 PM   #3
MorphuisOGrady
Sweden

Thanks ASF,

That's a good starting point. This system was delivered in the early 2000's. Would you by any chance recall the OS you had this software installed.

Trying to establish if its worth the effort or just hire a contractor with all the tools ready.
Unread January 14th, 2020, 07:59 PM   #4
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

The version I dealt with (this is back in 2010-2011, but the PLC's had been around much longer) was installed on Windows XP. Shortly before I left that role, the workstation was upgraded to Windows 7, but they had to maintain a Windows XP VM to run Proworx 32. So, most likely you'll need XP.

I'm told there is a third party software package available, reportedly much better and more stable than Proworx 32. It would probably run on a newer OS. But I don't know the name.
Unread January 15th, 2020, 02:39 AM   #5
chud
South Africa

Depending on the model and firmware version it could be proworx32, concept or unity pro
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum