1756-EWEB Data View

spaceacealpha

I have updated the firmware of the EWEB module first to 5.001 then to 4.016. I have updated the firmware of the 1756-L73 to v28. The device is showing in the device tree as connected/ running with no faults. I can go to the web server, click Data View and it asks for a password. Once in, I click 'NEW DATA VIEW'. I put in the slot number (0), the tag (SCL1_Avg_Last_Ten), tag type (REAL), give the view a name (test) and click 'create' and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Looks like in the manual its straight forward. All I have is a spinning circle, like its thinking, even after flashing it. I've tried Firefox and v11 Explorer. I've tried different simpler tags as well. Its just not playing fair.

Has anyone seen a EWEB work? Does anyone have a working XML example so I can try the 'data view' from the other direction?

Thanks, Darren

I have updated the firmware of the EWEB module first to 5.001 then to 4.016. I have updated the firmware of the 1756-L73 to v28. The device is showing in the device tree as connected/ running with no faults. I can go to the web server, click Data View and it asks for a password. Once in, I click 'NEW DATA VIEW'. I put in the slot number (0), the tag (SCL1_Avg_Last_Ten), tag type (REAL), give the view a name (test) and click 'create' and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Looks like in the manual its straight forward. All I have is a spinning circle, like its thinking, even after flashing it. I've tried Firefox and v11 Explorer. I've tried different simpler tags as well. Its just not playing fair.

Has anyone seen a EWEB work? Does anyone have a working XML example so I can try the 'data view' from the other direction?

Thanks, Darren

I have an Eweb card, rev 5.001, that is used as a programming gateway to my PLC system. The EWEB passes through time master data to my time server, so the PLCs are in sync with our DCS and PI Historian. I don't use it for anything else

IT has the PCs (they are VMs) locked down so tightly in our Control Domain, that there is only internet explorer available to connect to the EWEB, and IE has all of it's security jacked up. I can connect to the EWEB but it won't run the XML to allow me to enter a password.

I tried to reproduce what you are doing, but I can't get the data view to open.

Sorry - I don't appear to be able to help :(