Factory Talk View SE

danielplcsnet

Hello:

At company there are 40 Micrologix into a Ethernet net.
They want to collect data to Excel from them. Those data are only Integer data, I'm talking about around 20 integer data from each processor.
Then would be about 800 integer data.

I thought to use Factory Talk View SE.

There is another option more easy that could you suggest me??

May I need a course of Factory Talk View SE Stand Alone, then to take it, but I need to make sure.

Thanks for your comments

Hmm, RSView SE is a complete HMI/SCADA system! Expencive solution!

Using RSLinx and ODBC/DDE connections should do the trick - if all you want to do is collect data. Be sure to get one that allows multiple connections.

I have done this a couple of times, but always using a button to activate when the data are recieved.

There should be at least one thread in the forum discussing this.

Best regards,

Michal_dk

Collect to Excel? Might be better to collect to a SQL database and they link to the data from excel.
For that, You could use KEPServerEX w/ the Datalogger option(probably around 1800$ total) or Ignition's SQL bridge module along w/ the OPC-UA module(Cost from $1000 to $2500 or so, depends if you want the limited or full versions). Or I believe Matrikon offers a similar solution to the Kepware one, I am unsure on relative pricing.
Lots of other way to do it as well.

Thanks friends for your comments,

// Michal_dk // your suggestion is very good.
// Dravik // I dont know to use SQL.
// Widelto & iant// I'll review it.

Regards!

Hello:

At company there are 40 Micrologix into a Ethernet net.
They want to collect data to Excel from them. Those data are only Integer data, I'm talking about around 20 integer data from each processor.
Then would be about 800 integer data.

I thought to use Factory Talk View SE.

There is another option more easy that could you suggest me??

May I need a course of Factory Talk View SE Stand Alone, then to take it, but I need to make sure.

Thanks for your comments

You can do this for the price of RSLinx Professional and a few hours of excel programming (copying links from RSLinx, Paste Special), or spend another small amount of money for a DDE/OPC capable logger.

FactoryBalkView is a windows based full blown SCADA/HMI programming platform. If you only want to log data, and only 800 integers every second? Heck, buy a Red Lion G306 and a $40 CF card, be done in two hours of programming...

Hi OkiePC,

I like your idea, the issue is to get the production data (number of pieces fed, pieces rejected, etc.).

There are three shifts work and We are looking for a obtain the information each shift work and from the 40 processors Micrologix. Then I understand that the Red Lion's Panel will the links between Excel and the Micrologix.

I've counted 800 integers as maximun.

I've got installed the RsLinx Professional, and I heard a little about Red Lion's Panel. In Mexico must have a distributor.

Finally, Do you have any example to do it. I have to do a presentation about it to my boss for the money's authorization.

Thanks very much and I hope you can help me.

Daniel