Load Cell application please help Continued

khaledgenidy

I have few questions regarding analog input. and i was wondering if you can direct me.

i was able finally set my cards and connect my load cell to my analog input where it outputs 2mV/V for 1k.

With the following specs i am powering the loadcell with 12V 1A
It runs from 10V to 15V

Load Cell info:
https://www.omega.com/pressure/pdf/LC8200.pdf

PLC Info:
Analog Input 1769-IF4

I also was able to get to the point to get the values as the instruction refereed me in the manual for 1769 analog if4

http://apps.watersurplus.com/techlib..._user_D599.pdf

page 21

after this step i am not sure how to make the formula or the linear equation to calibrate these values.
Do I have enough excitation voltage?
Do i start from the ladder logic?
What Element ex.(MOV, DIV) to use regarding linear equation?

Thanks

Your loadcell produces a millivolt signal. Your PLC input card expects a milliamp or voltage input. I suggest you purchase a load cell amplifier with a 4-20mA output in order to bridge the signal gap between the two devices you already have. Or buy the Hardy Instruments load cell module and use it for a direct connection between the load cell and the PLC.