You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 9th, 2019, 09:45 PM   #46
_Woody_
New Zealand

For the record, Win 7 Prof, removed KB4480970 all working again. Thank goodness for this forum.

Lost half a day chasing my tail and wondering why all backups and previous versions of the project I'm working on were corrupt. Worried about how I was going to break this to the client who wants his machine working...NOT HAPPY !!!

I'm not a big Rockwell user and will be even more wary in the future.
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:21 AM   #47
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Do you know what the worst thing a CCW user can see when they turn on the PC in the morning?..... here we go again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1735.JPG (156.9 KB, 81 views)
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:23 PM   #48
Phil Buchanan
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusintraining View Post
Do you know what the worst thing a CCW user can see when they turn on the PC in the morning?..... here we go again
Disable automatic windows updates. Automatic windows updates without testing are nothing but trouble. It's like opening mystery packages when you know there is a high probability one of them is a bomb. Just don't do it.

http://www.KeyAutomationTraining.com
Old February 12th, 2019, 05:13 AM   #49
PLC Pie Guy
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Buchanan View Post
Disable automatic windows updates. Automatic windows updates without testing are nothing but trouble. It's like opening mystery packages when you know there is a high probability one of them is a bomb. Just don't do it.
How is this accomplished?

I think so far we have determined that we cant completely stop all updates, yet merely "hide" the updates we have managed to capture before the auto install takes place.

If your computer is on the internet and you don't check it for a day and a new update comes in that didn't make it to the hide list yet, then it installs.

Back to square one.

Speaking for windows 10 PRO and Enterprise.

Thanks
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:50 AM   #50
bgtorque
United Kingdom

Well, they are losing me as I had 3 systems configured to use Micro850 CPU's and i'm now looking at Mitsubishi alternatives as I don't have the time, nor the will, to battle with fudging software to get it working.
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:50 AM   #51
PLC Pie Guy
Canada

If I were at 3 I would say the same.

Not the case here. I have at least 15 between 2 facilities running 24HRS a day and a new machine with an 850 I built that Im supposed to install this week.

Still, I don't know what to do except hope that the morning of install I can set my laptop back to an earlier snapshot when it did work. That will buy me 24 hours...... If it works.

I'm sick of this ****... I know its not their fault and be glad for what they CAN do (if they ever work) and all that. yadayda.... Point is, I have brand new Micros on my desk, I have Micros installed needing attention and have I recently lost a decent size side project simply because I cant use the software.(hardware already purchased!)

Early February my arse! Its now MID February. They need to fix this. Call this a rant or a bash, whatever you need to call it. I call it frustrating!
I call it at this point seriously loosing $$ sitting waiting on Rockwell software. Software that I did pay for, not even free loading on the Standard Version.

I cant wait till this thread ends with somebody pointing out the fact that the security update to end this is out. It'll probably be the only update that won't auto install to.
Old February 12th, 2019, 01:53 PM   #52
Phil Buchanan
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLC Pie Guy View Post
How is this accomplished?

I think so far we have determined that we cant completely stop all updates, yet merely "hide" the updates we have managed to capture before the auto install takes place.

If your computer is on the internet and you don't check it for a day and a new update comes in that didn't make it to the hide list yet, then it installs.

Back to square one.

Speaking for windows 10 PRO and Enterprise.

Thanks
There are several ways to skin that cat but Windows 10 does not make it easy but there are many tools out there to do this and it can be done in the registry also but it's several places where changes need to be made so if you are not comfortable with a lot of registry edits I recommend one of the tools. That's the best way to go anyway and is much easier.

Here are a few tools. I have used the "Windows Update Blocker" from Sordium on some customer computers with good results. The rest I just know of but have never used myself.

https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-...-blocker-v1-1/

https://www.novirusthanks.org/products/win-update-stop/

http://www.site2unblock.com/win-updates-disabler/

http://www.KeyAutomationTraining.com
Old February 15th, 2019, 05:21 AM   #53
PLC Pie Guy
Canada

Can It possibly be true??!!!!

Iv tried to open CCW everyday now for weeks. No dice.
Iv been on an install the last few days and I haven't gotten back to it. Probably Tuesday was the last time I tried without success.

Today I come in and to my surprise..... It worked!
I can open all my projects. Add a controller. It seems, OK.

Has the elusive Microsoft Security Update Fix been released finally to end all headaches. Or is my joy only temporary?

I haven't tried my other laptop, I will this evening though.
Old February 15th, 2019, 06:13 AM   #54
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

SWEET!!!

I noticed mine updated yesterday.... tried it and TADA!!! no uninstall needed
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old February 15th, 2019, 08:52 AM   #55
PLC Pie Guy
Canada

Just in time..... I'm told my new Case Sealer is going in tomorrow. Find a solution.
I been sweating about man!

A 20K sq. foot greenhouse control/monitor project was lost to this but I'm glad its resolved.
Old February 15th, 2019, 04:36 PM   #56
Geospark
Ireland

Just a passing confirmation and comment...

1083785 - CCW & ISaGRAf: The project data is corrupted
Last Updated: 02/13/2019
Access Level: Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1083785
Solution
Problem is solved by latest Security Update for Windows (12-Feb-2019). Check for new updates on your operating system.
12th February is still early February in my book and not "...Early February my arse! Its now MID February...", which was, ironically, posted on the 12th. I'm not arguing with your frustrations on this one, which I fully believed to be true. But again, by Microsoft's typical update scheduling, this was definitely an expedited case, and I'm sure no small part was played by Rockwell in achieving this.

All that frustration aside though, I am glad to hear ye are glad!

Regards,
George

Last edited by Geospark; February 15th, 2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old February 16th, 2019, 06:38 AM   #57
PLC Pie Guy
Canada

Perhaps they heard me getting angry and decided to fix it then!!
Just a hunch.

I'm glad its back. I'm installing a machine today with a Micro850 brain. I really needed my software.

Now, I'm curious. If a similar thing were to happen with Studio, would there not be panic in the streets?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum