RSLogix 500 4~20ma output signal

After rereading the manual for your output card the below statement bothers me a little. Not having used this card I'm not sure of its behavior during configuration and processor start-up. If you have trouble you might want to consider delaying the "SCP" instruction which rescales and writes the PID's out to the cards output word until the card has a chance to configure itself.
I may be reading to much into it but thought I would mention it anyway.
Hopfully someone comes along who has used this thing before.
Here is the manual for those wondering.

http://www.spectrumcontrols.com/pdfs/abio/0300246-01_A0_Manual_1762sc-OF8_.pdf

delay.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input so far guys I have made some progress thou no luck on a successful configuration on my 1762sc-OF8.

does anybody have experience working with this module?

Thanks for all the input so far guys I have made some progress thou no luck on a successful configuration on my 1762sc-OF8.

does anybody have experience working with this module?

Post what you have tried so far. The latest program. Put the processor in the run mode then save it. Post that file.

here is the most recent, AB support doesn't support Spectrum cards so I am now whating for Spectrum support to open shortly.

in the mean time thanks for any advice.

Well what I wanted to see and I think it would help someone help you if you could post the program while it is running. Save in the run mode then post it here.

Did you see my post #16 above?

If not then hopefully Spectrum can help you. Please come back with the solution as it will certainly help someone else in the future.

As a side note I noticed your PID instruction has a timer done bit on the same rung. That is not required with your processor. Also you have the time mode set for "STI" but the "STI function is not configured. If you want to use the "STI" mode then the PID instruction will have to be in a different lad file ( not lad two). I would use "time" mode instead of "STI" mode.

EUREKA!!! I have been brought to the promised land of 1762sc-OF8 configuration.

I spoke with Spectrum tech support and they were able to remote agent access my laptop and project.

Right away he noticed that on Rung 2 the 5th branch I had a address "O:4.5" when it should have been "O:4.0" I felt a little embaressed as I simply just over looked this from the example
icon11.gif
. He then informed me it happens a faairly often as the rest of the address's are in sequential order and the 5th is then back to 0 not 5.

Then the other issue he suggested which is not in the manual is that any rung writeing to the output module needs to have an XIO bit with the same address as the XIC bits at the start of each rung for the configuration sequnce.

Thank you all for the support and guidance with this and hopfully this helps others in the future :)

also Mickey Thank you for the pointers on the other aspects of my project I will get those fixed up now.

As a side note I noticed your PID instruction has a timer done bit on the same rung. That is not required with your processor.

Yeah, thats a big no no for RSLogix 500 PIDs (OK for PLC/5 but not for SLC or Micrologix) If the rung ever scans false then the integral sum will reset. Under RSLogix 500 the PID should always be on an unconditional rung unless you are doing something fancy such as a low select loop.