1768-ENBT A FW 4.001 unable to change module's IP address

Pete_S

Hi All,

I have a 1768 L43S Guardlogix controller FW 19 with a 1768-ENBT A module in the rack. This unit was purchased 2nd hand, and the 1768-ENBT module has an IP address that is not compatible with my network infrastructure. I connected to the controller with RSLogix 5K using DF1 driver, uploaded current configuration from the device, disconnect from the controller (offline), changed the IP address in module properties of the 1768 ENBT A and finally downloaded the new configuration to the controller. The download is successful, but after the download completes I am still seeing the original IP address displayed on the module LCD even though online module properties show my desired IP address and I do not see "configured" IP on my network. I tried this multiple times, and I also tried resetting the module in RSLogix 5k to no avail. This is procedure I use with 1756 modules and I have also had success using this method with embedded ethernet modules in compactlogix and controllogix CPU's. I looked at the device manual:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/enet-um001_-en-p.pdf

and they reference rotary switches as seen on 1756 ethernet modules. I disassembled the rack and I see no buttons or rotary switches on the 1768 ENET A module. I am hoping that someone with experience with these modules can tell me what I am missing.