FactoryTalk View ME Image Export?

BAJ

I see figured out how you can import BMP images into an application, but how about exporting images from an existing application to use in a new application?

Can this be done in bulk somehow?

Thanks,
-Brad

2 ways:

*Navigate to the project folder
*Go to the image directory
*Copy/paste them somewhere useful
*Import them into your new application

Or

*Open both applications
*Arrange them side by side
*Drag/drop each image from one project to the other

With the drag/drop method, there is a bug that seems to exist in v10 (possibly others). The pointer will appear that you cannot drag drop. As long as both applications are on side on the same screen (for multi monitor users), click on "Images" in the destination of the target application once you have let go of the mouse button. Or maybe this will be more helpful:

*Click/drag an image from the source app
*While holding the mouse button down, hover over the "Image" directory in the destination application
*Release the mouse button (disragard that the pointer has the circle with the / in it)
*Click the mouse on "Image", it should paste the image into the destination application

Awesome, all great tips!

Click-n-drag, wouldnta thunk of that one myself. I'm a keyboard guy and CTRL-C / CTRL-V didn't work.

After the first couple images it seems I had to drag each one twice to get it to work, but it works!

Thanks again,
-Brad

Click-n-drag, wouldnta thunk of that one myself. I'm a keyboard guy and CTRL-C / CTRL-V didn't work.

I'm with ya, blows my mind that you cannot copy/paste. First rule of FactoryTalk, don't be surprised by anything.

edit: I broke that rule by the fact that my mind is blown. :(

Last edited: